Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Selah Banner


A home decor project that is finally done!
I purchased the cross a couple of years ago from an occasional store called Nostalgia Cottage.  One of my favorite little stores that I was sorry to see go out of business.  The frame came from a lot of 5 frames I purchased on Craigslist.  I had the idea to hang the cross inside the frame (which Randy did for me right away) and then I was going to make a banner to finish the project off.  Ok ... I didn't know it was going to take me almost two years to finish this project!  First I couldn't decide on a word to use for the banner and then I couldn't decide on the type of banner or the materials I wanted to use.  First I made a white on white embossed banner, but it just didn't seem to work.  Next I tried a Kraft banner and that didn't work either.  So through trial and error I finally decided on the paper and embellishments and a word for the banner to finish the project.
The word Selah - praise, lift up, and pause. 
When I see this banner I'll be inspired to pause and praise God for His mercy, power, sustaining grace and sufficiency.
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


 
 
 

1 comment: