I'm sharing this tutorial at Off The Rails Scrapbooking today. Be sure to check out the blog to see what the rest of the Design Team has been sharing this month.
My alcohol inks sat unused on a shelf because I thought you could only use them on non-porous surfaces. But what if ... you used them on a porous surface? What if you used them on watercolor paper? Guess what ... it works! Mixing alcohol inks with water creates a vibrant marbled effect and the possibilities are only limited by what you are willing to try.
What you will need:
1) fill your plastic container half full with warm water
2) place a few drops of alcohol ink of various colors in the water
3) dip the watercolor paper in the water
* I wear latex gloves to prevent the ink from staining my fingers
4) shake off excess water and place on a paper towel to try naturally
* Don't be afraid to be liberal with the alcohol ink
* Experiment with different colors