Saturday, April 8, 2017
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Monday, March 20, 2017
I love making my own embellishments and found that I could make some unique flowers out of pop cans. So pick your pop can(s) of choice. Mine just happen to be Pepsi cans.
I cut the top and the bottom of the cans off ... it will look like this. Discard the tops and bottoms of the cans.
I carefully smoothed out the middle of the pop cans and placed them on top of a Sizzix flower die that I have. I then ran it through my Cuttlebug. The Cuttlebug cut through the metal pop can like butter.
* Again use extreme caution ... the sharp metal cans will draw blood ... I know from experience. After die cutting the metal pop cans and embossing the flowers, the edges of the flowers are dulled and not as sharp.
Friday, March 17, 2017
I created this layout for my son's album. I only used Kraft cardstock and a variety of embellishments.
Be sure to check out the rest of the Design Team's Mini Crop challenges this month and be inspired.
Wednesday, March 15, 2017
Monday, March 6, 2017
My take on the sketch
Saturday, March 4, 2017
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
(I've provided links to the Kreaxions products I used.)
Positioning Parts 6.8 (small)
Punch #918 with the A insert
After I created the doily I embossed it.
I was a little leery about using white on white but I think the net effect is one of elegance.
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Sunday, February 5, 2017
Saturday, February 4, 2017
Friday, February 3, 2017
Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Be sure to check out the blog, I'm sure you'll be inspired by the Design Team's cards and how they used the Kreaxions punches.
I created this "I Love You" card using up paper scraps and embellishments from my stash. I used the Kreaxions 4 in 1 Punch #905 with the "B" insert and punched the end of a paint sample card. I love the little detail the Kreaxions punch added to this project.
Friday, January 20, 2017
Wednesday, January 18, 2017
First I made a book cover to fit my book. I used a heavy weight white wrapping paper. I used the same concept as making a book cover from a brown paper bag.
8) I then sprayed the painted background with two mists of distress spray stain.
9) While the stain was still wet I misted with water to react the spray stain and blend the colors. I blotted off the excess color with a paper towel to achieve the look I wanted.
10) I printed the quote on cardstock and cut the individual words out. I then adhered the words to the front of the book cover. I highlighted a few of the words using a distress marker along the edges and immediately smudged the ink with a Q-tip dipped in water to create a shadow effect.