Thursday, September 8, 2016

Alcohol Inks


 

As paper crafters we all have those supplies that we seldom use.  I am always searching for new ways to incorporate those seldom used supplies into my projects.  Alcohol Inks are one of those supplies I have that are seldom used. They sit on the shelf waiting ... calling my name.  I have found a fun and easy technique using Alcohol Inks that I can incorporate into my scrapbooking layouts.
 
 

For this project you'll need regular foil, a chipboard piece you'd like to cover, glue or other adhesive you like, Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks and Blending Solution by Ranger and the blending tool with felt pad and a pair of sharp scissors or a craft knife.
 
 
 
 

1)  Dot the alcohol ink and blending solution onto the felt pad of the blending tool.  I used Alcohol Ink in the following colors:  Eggplant and Butterscotch.

 
 
 

 



2)  Dab the blending tool over the foil. 
You get different results every time
you dab, so keep going until you like
the results of the alcohol inks on the foil. 
 




3)  Put adhesive on the FACE of the chipboard (not the back).
I smeared liquid glue over the surface, but you can also use
spray glue, a glue stick, or a tape runner.

 
 
 

4)  Turn the foil over so the ink is on the underside.  Glue the FRONT of the chipboard to the BCK of the foil so that the alcohol inked part of the foil is now attached to the chipboard.  Then use a pair of scissors or a craft knife to cut the foil around the chipboard.  Make sure to use a sharp cutting tool or you will rip the foil.  Now the face of your chipboard will be covered with alcohol inked foil.  After you cut out the chipboard piece, flip it over and clean up the edges by gently using your fingers to fold any foil edges sticking out over the side of the chipboard piece.


 
 
 



The finished piece of chipboard.
  
 


 
I completed this layout of sweet Jacob and adorable Faith-Anna and used the foil covered piece of chipboard as an embellishment.

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. great tips.. and the page looks awesome with the accents

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, Joan! I don't have alcohol inks, but I do
    have that foil :)

    ReplyDelete