Saturday, July 17, 2010

This week I found some time to work on some of the fantastic challenges over at Camp Paradise and plan on working on a few more this weekend.













We had a date night last night - dinner and a movie. While we were waiting in line for the movies I was memorized by what I saw people wearing (young and old alike). This got me to thinking about my fashion statement and where it came from.


In the 50’s getting dressed didn’t take much effort or imagination. I had to wear a school uniform which consisted of a navy blue jumper, a white blouse, white socks and polished shoes, oh and that little beanie for the top of my head. I would have had a hard time expressing any individuality with the clothes that populated my closet back then. In the 60’s fashion was a roller coaster. What was in style one week might be out of style the next. Saddle shoes were a must have and I only wore dresses or skirts and blouses, no pants to school, even in the winter. Then came penny-loafers, mini skirts and short shorts aka hot pants. The 70’s came along with beads, belts, earth shoes and sandals. Jeans went from skinny (so tight I could barely get them over my ankles) to bell bottoms (the wider the better). I had a choice of the mini, the midi or the maxi and flower power was everywhere. Fashion was crazy! Today despite that I am a lover of fashion and clothes; I always try to take trendy clothes with a grain of salt. I’m trying to have the mind set to buy fewer clothing items and to purchase better quality items that fit perfectly and that I’m comfortable in. I have come to the conclusion that there are a lot of people out there who do not own a mirror! - Seriously!

1 comment:

  1. LOL about the mirror comment!!! So true!

    And great challenges, you are rockin' Camp Paradise right now!

    ReplyDelete