Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Outdoor Education Challenge

Did you know . . .




A butterfly has compound eyes; each eye is made up of about 6,000 tiny parts called lenses, which let in light.



All butterflies have 6 legs. In some species such as the monarch, the front pair of legs remains tucked up under the body most of the time and are difficult to see.



Butterflies have very brief life spans. Some - usually the ones found in the tropics can live up to a year, but others live anywhere from a few months to a few weeks to even a few hours.



. . . and why am I sharing butterfly facts with you?



For week 2 at Camp Paradise I have the Outdoor Education Challenge and I thought I would give you a few interesting facts about butterflies before I gave you the challenge . . .



which is to use your scrapbooking supplies to create an altered project which includes butterflies on it.



I altered a band-aid tin using the oh so fun About A Girl Collection from Fancy Pants.
I thought this would make an adorable container for a gift card.

No comments:

Post a Comment