Saturday, January 9, 2010

I have been scrapbooking for more than 10 years. My main goal has always been to preserve the present for the future and the past for the present in a creative way.
Now that I’m a Design Team Member at Croppin Paradise (and I can’t even tell you how excited I am about that!!!) I started to really think about being passionate about my scrapbooking and my creativity. I think I am energetically motivated to control the things around me and to discover new connections between things. This provoking drive leads me to be inspired by all kinds of things: fashion (that new sweater), magazine advertisements (great design), new techniques (who would have thought to make a flower out of a pop can?), sketches (be inspired), and I picked up a paint swatch at Lowe’s the other day and I can’t wait to find papers in those colors! I hope you'll check back often and be inspired and for updates on all the fun things that are happening in Paradise http://www.croppinparadise.com/forums/


The metal flowers were cut our of a pop can using my Sizzix.  I then embossed them using my Cuttlebug.  I punched a hole in the middle of the flowers and attached them using brads and glue dots.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is just dreamy.

    Congratulations on a well-deserved appointment to the design team. I'm so proud of you Joan!

    ReplyDelete