Wednesday, January 20, 2016

You Are Loved

Sharing my Design Team project and tutorial for Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

I’m a scrapbooker who likes “stuff” on my pages. And by “stuff” I’m talking about all those wonderful, fun embellishments you can purchase or make yourself. I usually start with a little of this and a little of that and end up with a lot of this and a lot of that on my pages.

When I saw this sweet photo of my daughter Jessica and my granddaughter Faith-Anna, I knew I would be scrapping it. But when I started the process of picking out my papers and embellishments I kept thinking, keep it clean. When I look at this page it feels full yet it breathes and it’s so simple ... sometimes less is more



1) I applied modeling paste over a stencil on my white cardstock and let it dry completely.


2) I picked two colors of distress ink and used the smooching technique to add some color to the white cardstock background.


3) I then cut twelve two by two squares from patterned paper and folded up one corner.


4) I applied the twelve two inch squares to the cardstock base along with my photo, some flowers and a diecut (that also serves as the title).




No comments:

Post a Comment