Saturday, April 12, 2014

Altered Tin Cans

Today I have the Saturday All Sorts Challenge up at Turtle Soup.   I’m sharing some altered cans I made. These were so easy and fun to make. I saved some empty soup cans and made sure they were washed and dried. I had Randy crimp the top of the cans for me with a pair of pliers so there were no sharp edges. I then painted the cans with a thin layer of Gesso. When that was dry I spray painted the cans with white spray paint and let that dry. Now the fun part … I covered part of some of the cans with vintage music paper, added some twine, charms, lace and some Prima flowers. I decided to finish off the inside of the cans with the vintage music paper. My challenge to you for this month is to complete an altered project. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

I'm displaying these oh so cute vintage tins on top of a cake stand I found at a second hand store for $7.00.  I rummaged around in the attic and found one of my grandmother's doily's to put on top of the cake stand.  These are perfect for storing some of my scrappy goodies.

1 comment: