Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday means another challenge on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog. This week the challenge is: Anything Goes

The first time I saw a memory jar I thought, now there’s an idea I’ll have to try! Well a year later I finally got around to it. I wanted both sides of my jar to look finished so I printed two of my favorite photos from one of our trips to Cherry Grove, South Carolina. I used double sided adhesive and stuck them together back to back. I placed a small metal clip on the bottom of the photos and anchored the metal clip to the bottom of the jar with glue dots. I then added the sand, shells and the little flag. I finished off the project with some twine and a tag. I placed a sand dollar that we found on the beach on top of the jar.



front of memory jar

 

back of memory jar

 
tag

 
top of memory jar

What a wonderful way to keep those vacation memories by using your pictures and souvenirs that you have collected. The possibilities for memory jars are limitless! What about creating a memory jar for the birth of a baby, a wedding, graduation, birthday … the list goes on!

Link your project to the inlinkz tool on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog. To be eligible for the prize draw you need to be linked by Sunday, July 28th.
One random drawn prize winner will receive a $6.00 GC from Floppy Latte.

Be sure to check out the
Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blogto see the fabulous work by the other Design Team Members.


3 comments:

  1. really cute and unique idea.. thanks for sharing.. they look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, Joan, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. An awesome memory jar and a wonderful gift idea.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}
    PS I am also your latest keen Follower xxx

    ReplyDelete