Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday and time for Challenge #135 on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog.  This week the theme is music, dance or any of the arts.  One random drawn prize winner will receive  3 images from The Stamping Boutique. 
Be sure to link your project to the inlinkz tool on the Kaboodle Doodles Challenge Blog. To be eligible for the prize draw you need to be linked by Sunday September 9th.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!


When I saw the challenge for this week it brought back so many fond childhood memories! I took ballet lessons at the Ethyl Battin Dance Academy for 13 years, from age 3 to age 16.  I also took modern jazz for 3 years, from age 14 to age 16.
Our ballet classes were taught to live piano accompaniment which was an important element in developing the students understanding of the relationship between music and body movement. I still remember the pianist name … Naomi.
I also remember receiving frequent (positive) corrections. Ms. Battin’s students were verbally and/or physically guided to ensure proper body alignment and body placement.  And then all that practicing and memorizing all those steps!

Even though my path did not lead me to a career in dance, I did develop: good posture, self-motivation, self-discipline, poise, grace and my appreciation for the arts. Oh and my best asset … my legs … thank you Ms. Battin!

It was only fitting to let my ballet lessons inspire my card:


 




My Minds Eye: patterned paper, brad, embellishment and washi tape
Making Memories: flower and stick pins
Notions: buttons
Hug Snug: seam binding
Glimmer Mist
Ranger: ink
Image is a vintage clip art







 

3 comments:

  1. Love your vintage looking card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card! And I love hearing stories of how it was with those who were into arts, dance & music as I have had my share of lessons & classes when I was young. But I'm not really into it now - just when I was young. I guess today, scrapbooking is the nearest activity I'm currently into related to the topic. But it's so nice to reminisce, isn't it? =)

    ReplyDelete