Thursday, May 24, 2012

So many scrappy and papercrafting project to do and so little time. . . Or is it I’m just a

S L O W scrapbooker/papercrafter? It’s like going on a journey!

It takes me a long time to come up with a design and that’s why I LOVE using sketches. You can find some very inspiring sketches by Lucy at My Sketch World. Definitely a time saver for me.
Choosing the perfect paper for my projects is not only a challenge but part of the journey of creating. The papers available today are as many and as varied as the people who participate in this hobby.
I’m not intimidated by scrappy embellishments (although I should be). I do find the quest for adding that perfect touch time consuming. I guess it would be better if I had a plan and I didn’t have such a colossal stash of embellishments to choose from, Should I use, chipboard, ribbon, buttons, flowers, rub-ons, charms, die cuts, you get the idea lol! Not to mention I love creating my own embellishments.
And the techniques . . . someone is always thinking of a new one. Should I distress, stitch, paint, stamp, emboss and the list goes on.

To tell you the truth I don’t mind being a slow scrapper, it’s just part of the journey of creating memories. I have come to the conclusion that if I rush I might miss something . . . you know like that perfect embellishment.

Be sure to check out the My Sketch World blog June 1st for the June DT layout reveal. I can give you a sneak peak of the lo I did. I can say I think it’s one of my favorite sketches by Lucy . . . but I think I’ve said that before. This is definitely a sketch I will use again.




No comments:

Post a Comment