Sunday, April 22, 2012

March 20th was officially the first day of spring . . . someone should have told mother nature. The seemingly strange weather continues to break high and low temperature records.
Spring . . . when the hours of day are approximately equal to the hours of night, dogwood branches blossoming and crocuses pushing through the ground, shedding your winter coat and opening your windows, the desire of anyone who has spent an all too long winter season indoors . . . to venture outside to soak up the sun.
I’m still waiting . . . hopefully soon!


I have found a new flower to make . . . well it's new for me and easy!

For one flower you will need the following:
One circle cut out of double sided paper.
Five hearts cut out of double sided paper.

I used my Cricut machine to cut out my heats and the circle.  You could also use a heart and circle punch.
I cut the hearts at 1 3/4" using the Create a Critter cart - the heart is on pg. 64




I cut the circle at 2 1/2" using the Accent Essentials cart - the circle is on pg. 32



1) Take your five hearts and fold the bottom point up to the center point at the top of the heart and set aside.


2) Take your circle and place a line of adhesive around the very edge.


3) Lay your folded hearts around the perimeter of the circle, making sure that the flat folded edge meets the flat folded point on the next heart you lay down. Continue all the way around the circle.

4) Nudge the hearts until they are evenly spaced around the circle. This should create an even pentagon in the center of the circle.


5) Embellish the middle of the circle however you want.

I used a chipboard star and button.

Now wasn’t that an easy flower to make!
A sneak peek of my lo using the May sketch at My Sketch World
.



No comments:

Post a Comment