Saturday, December 10, 2011

December
In December I will be
A baubled bangled Christmas tree
With soup bowls draped all over me
Merry once, merry twice,
Merry chicken soup with rice.
- Maurice Sendak





Thanks to all those who participated in the My Sketch World Blog Hop and thank you for all your kind and encouraging comments!
The winner of the RAK form me (selected randomly) is:
Karen AKA Soccerboyzmom


I used to like Christmas . . . but I’m thinking I like it less every year. I remember the first time I missed Christmas . . . 1991, the year my mother died. It’s difficult loosing someone, especially during the holidays. Christmas - it’s not about what it should be anymore. Actually it’s turned into something that people cry and get upset over. I’ve always loved tradition. But it seems to be getting in the way these days. Randy and I are not exchanging gifts this year. We decided that if we wanted something . . . we could get it ourselves . . . and do we really need any more?
So there is no Christmas tree at our house, no Christmas cookie exchange, and I have not even mailed the few Christmas cards that I made and/or bought. The only thing I have done is bought the grandchildren’s presents and made their teacher’s gifts. Am I grinching out about the whole affair?!


 Teacher's gifts for December:




No comments:

Post a Comment