Monday, January 24, 2011

Treat Containers

I don’t recycle, nope not newspapers, phonebooks, glass, plastic, cans . . . well I have been saving the pop cans. I’m saving the cans in the hopes that the older grandkids will take them to Milliron’s and cash them in for some extra spending money . . . and that has yet to happen.
I guess there is just no motivation to get me to recycle. Does my trash bill go down because I save a plastic bottle – nope. Will I sleep easier knowing that I saved space at the landfill because I saved a plastic bottle – nope.
But on the other hand I wish I could get my hands on a few more of these plastic sweeper filter cases!
I was so inspired by Erica Hettwer's “A Monstrous Treat” tutorial in A Walk Down Memory Lane forums that just this once I became a recycler. I used these cases to make Valentine treat boxes for the younger grandson’s teachers. I used the Fancy Pants Love Birds Collection and some embellishments from my stash.
Six fun size candy bars fit just perfectly in these containers . . . how lucky could I be :)
I love how these turned out . . . oh the possibilities!




No comments:

Post a Comment