Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year

January seems to be a time of reflection and making resolutions, a time of looking at the past year and deciding if there are changes to be made for the coming year that will ameliorate your life experiences. The most popular resolutions are: to get healthy, get out of debt, get organized, quit smoking, drink less, help other people, spend more time with family and friends, learn something new . . . and enjoy life more.

Statistics show that more resolutions are broken than kept. I’m not a New Year’s resolution maker . . . I am however a goal setter. This year I’ve used the “most popular resolutions list” to set some goals for 2011.
Get Healthy - I exercise on a regular basis and eat right. I weigh what I did in high school and have never felt better!
Getting out of debt - Before making a purchase of any kind I’m asking myself - Do I need it or do I just want it? - easier said than done!
Smoking and Drinking - I don’t do either.
Helping other people - This is one of my goals and although I don’t have a plan in place yet . . . I do have some ideas that I’m excited about! I have always wanted to be involved with a soup kitchen or food pantry . . . and this will be the year to get involved.
Get organized - I have this down pat and really think it’s a personality trait lol!
Spending more time with family and friends - Another goal for this year is to have family and/or friends over at least once a month for a meal and a game night.
Learn something new - Life is one big learning experience and I think I’m constantly learning and relearning with every decision I make . . . and my computer class starts on Tuesday the 4th.
Since I’m an avid scrapbooker my list would not be complete without a goal for that area of my life as well. My scrappy goal is “new” . . . to try new techniques and new scrap styles.
Enjoying life . . . That’s the plan . . . and the future is full of limitless possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment