It’s Thursday night, the kids are spending the night at grandma’s house, your husband is watching sports on TV and you’re planning on getting out your photos and scrapbooking till your heart is content. But first you have to clear off the dining room table and drag out all your scrap booking supplies (unless you are fortunate enough to have a scrappy room). Just as you sit down to scrap you remember that your daughter will need her softball uniform clean for tomorrow morning so you run down to the basement and throw it in the washer and just as you are headed up the steps the dryer buzzes. After you fold the load of laundry and are getting ready to sit down (again) your husband asks you if you wouldn’t mind ordering a pizza. A good hour has past and you finally make your way back to the dining room table. You pick out your photos to scrap . . . and nothing . . . your mojo is gone! I don’t know about you but I find it very frustrating when I’m ready to scrap and I get the dreaded scrappers block. I’m going to share five ideas that will help you get through the block and regain your mojo.
1) Browse on-line galleries - sometimes seeing someone else’s completed layouts is enough to stimulate your mind and get those creative juices flowing again.
2) Use sketches - as a framework for your layouts. A new perspective can be just what you need to rekindle your creativity.
3) Participate in a challenge - various on-line scrap booking sites offer challenges that will help awaken your sleeping inspiration.
4) Magazines - one of the best places to find inspiration for your layouts is in the array of magazines available today. I’m talking about non-scrap booking related magazines. Look at how advertisements are laid out, we could learn a thing or two from graphic designers.
5) Music - Now don’t laugh, I have my own collection of “mojo music”. Put on some music that shifts your mindset and makes you feel creative.
I was inspired by a mini album project on Jen Gallacher's blog and decided to make one for my grandson's . . . I just tweaked it a little to meet my needs.
Being off work this month has given me some extra time to work on layouts:)