Thursday, May 13, 2010

First Birthday's

A child’s first birthday party . . . is it really for the child or for the parents for surviving that first year? After celebrating 4 first birthdays I’m not sure if the milestone was greater for the children or for my daughter and her husband lol! First birthdays are an important time for any family and to remember the day I created a layout for Elisha’s album using the oh so FUN Apple Jack papers from Sassafras available in the Croppin Paradise Store.




I think the pinwheels added that extra playful touch to the layout and this is how I made them:

1) I cut my paper for the pinwheels into 2 inch squares.

2) I then cut on the diagonal of the squares, toward the center of the paper 1 inch.

3) I placed a glue dot in the center of each square.

4) Then I folded every other point to the center of the squares and secured them on the glue dot.

5) Adding a brad to the center gave the pinwheels a finished look.

These little pinwheels are so easy to make . . . add a few to your next layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment