Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Linnie Blooms Canvas Layout


I won’t lie … whenever I use canvas I’m always a little apprehensive and impatient. For my January Design Team project for Linnie Blooms I created a canvas page for Gracelynn’s album. 
 
 I was inspired by this months color theme and photo. 
 
 
 



I dusted off my Versa Magic Chalk Inks, Distress Ins and some acrylic paint. Next I pulled five of my favorite stencils to use. I used different colors and inked the canvas here and there using the stencils. I used my heat gun to speed up the drying process. 
 


When I was satisfied with the amount of stenciled layers ...
 
 
I pulled out two background stamps. I used Staz-On Ink and randomly stamped on the canvas.
I also used the stencils and some of the acrylic paint.
 

Next I added some texture by using a stencil and smearing on some Super Heavy Gesso over some of the inked areas. Again I speeded up the drying process by using my heat gun. (To avoid the Gesso from blistering don’t hold the gun to close to the canvas or for to long.)


I went through my stash and  picked some pattered paper 
to created a layered mat for my photos.


Then I added the doily and some other fun embellishments.
Don’t worry about covering up your inked area … it’s part of the creative process.
The finished page:


 
 
 
 




 

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful canvas layout, love the soft colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background work! Beautiful canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Love all the background work!

    ReplyDelete