Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Crinkle Ribbon

I’m sure there are lots of ways to make Crinkly Ribbon but this is how I do it.

What you will need:
Cleanable work surface
Vinyl gloves
Hug Snug Seam Binding
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (or ink)
Heat gun




 
First you will need a work surface that won’t stain and cleans easily. I use my Non-Stick Craft Mat.

I wear gloves because the mist/ink stains your fingers.

Next you want to cut your seam binding to the length you want. I work with 3 foot pieces. I always use Hug Snug Rayon Seam Binding. (I’ve tried other brands and found they either do not work as well or not at all.)

Spray your seam binding with the Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. (I have also pounced my Tim Holtz Distressed Inks onto my mat and spritzed the ink with water.)



I then scrunch the seam binding into a ball … this puts the “crinkle” in the Crinkle Ribbon.

 

Continue to scrunch the seam binding and dry with a heat gun. You can let it dry on it’s own but that would not work for me, I’m to impatient!



This Crinkle Ribbon is perfect for using on vintage projects.




3 comments:

  1. A wonderful way to transform ribbon into something vintage. Loving the vintage greens on this and the little hanger is a lovely touch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you find the ribbon to begin with I haven't been able to find any around here. Love your card and the ribbon is perfect forit.

    ReplyDelete