Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My grandsons love giving their teachers small treasures and treats on holidays and special occasions. . . . and it just so happens I love making them things to give their teachers.


I made these treat cones using one piece of 12 x 12 patterned paper and my Cricut machine. I used the Winter Woodland Cartridge and cut out the 3dbldg7 (page 81; layers) at fit to page, which cut the cones out at 17 inches.  I then cut off the extra flap and glued them together.  There was just enough paper left to cut a 1/2 inch wide and 10 inch long handle which I fastened on with brads. I adorned the treat cones with embellishments from my stash. These super cute containers will be filled with shredded tissue paper and candy for some very special teachers.

These treat cones will be on their way to Florida tomorrow (weather permitting). Right now we’re getting freezing rain on top of the snow we got last night.  By tomorrow I might not be venturing out to the post office.


























1 comment: