Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27

Another summer gone . . . Halloween candy and costumes are out in the stores . . . Where oh where has summer gone? Summers seemed longer when I was a kid! Does time move more rapidly the older you get? Maybe it’s because instead of looking at one l o n g year I tend to block it off . . . New Years to Valentines Day, then Easter to Mothers Day and Fathers Day. Then July 4th to Labor Day. Then Halloween to Thanksgiving and then Christmas . . . and before you know it the whole year is gone. I think I have enough summer photos of the grandchildren to scrap to help keep me in the mindset of summer for at least a little while. These are the latest layouts for their albums.

















Every time Randy and I take a cruise we say that we wished we would have taken some dance lessons so we could knock everybody’s socks off on the dance floor.

So we finally took the first step - literally! Two weeks ago we went to our first “Ballroom Dancing” lesson. OK if we would have known that it was this much fun we would have went before!

We have learned (or should I say are learning) the Waltz, the Foxtrot and the Cha Cha Cha. I think my favorite is the Waltz - a smooth progressive dance characterized by long, flowing movements, continuous turns and rise and fall steps. I think you are suppose to be able to glide around the floor effortlessly . . . I’ll just say we need to practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment