Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Tent

When we went to Florida two weeks ago (has it really been that long!?) I made my grandsons a hanging canopy for their bedroom. I saw the idea in a Family Fun magazine (don’t remember which month). Anyway, I thought it was such a cute idea . . . I just made an improved version. I covered the Hula Hoop with fabric and then made adjustable straps out of Grograin ribbon and some buckles. I found fabric shower curtains (on sale) that matched their bedroom decor perfectly and attached them with shower curtain rings. What a fascinating place to curl up with a book to look at, canopies are somehow magical and enchanting.
Of course Randy had to find a stud in the ceiling (no easy task) and do all the manly work. The little guys might need one of these for outside under the carport too :)




adjustable straps



No comments:

Post a Comment